It is very important that a complaint is filed as soon as possible. This will assist in the investigation, please include:
- The date, time and location of the incident.
- The officer’s name, badge number and physical description.
- Witnesses names, addresses and phone numbers.
- License numbers of any vehicles involved in the incident.
- Nature and extent of injuries sustained, if any.
- Any other evidence you feel may be important, such as copies of traffic tickets, witness statements, police reports, photographs, or medical records.
Complaints must first be filed with the Fresno Police Department. They can be filed by phone, in person, by mail or online.
24-hour phone line (559) 621-7000
Fresno Police Headquarters Lobby
2323 Mariposa Mall
Fresno, CA 93721
Fresno Police Department
PO Box 1271
Fresno, CA 93715-1271
Office of Independent Review
City of Fresno City Hall
2600 Fresno Street
Fresno, CA 93721
All complaints received by the Office of Independent Review are forwarded to the Internal Affairs Office and monitored by the Office of Independent Review.
Internal Affairs will send confirmation letter or make direct contact acknowledging receipt of the complaint.
When an investigation is initiated, complainants will be provided with a Receipt for Personnel Complaint by Internal Affairs that includes the case number assigned to the complaint, the date the complaint was taken and the name of the assigned investigating Sergeant.
Internal Affairs unit of the police department will perform the investigation according to existing PD protocol.
Upon completion of the investigation the Sergeant will notify you of the results.
Although the OIR mandatorily audits specific cases and monitors the Inquiries and Complaints Log every month, if you wish to discuss the results of the Internal Affairs investigation, you may contact our office.